Disciplinary Brief (Architecture)
The subject set up in the early 80’s of the last century. And it is the first University which has passed the national educational assessment of architecture bachelor (1999) and master (2003) degree. The undergraduate and postgraduate education accessed to the national professional educational assessment grade A in 2011. The subject was named the key subject in Liaoning province in 1997. It is currently the only high level key subject which is one of the projects to enhance the core competitiveness of universities characteristic disciplines in this field in Liaoning province. There are distinctive features and highlight advantages in this subject. After nearly thirty years of development, it has formed a discipline system whose core is the theory of architectural creation; construct the whole technology research application system; improve the suitability technology system which is rooted in Northeast China. This subject has always used the demand of construction industry and the subject frontier as guidance. And it has adhered to the path of combining theory with practice, accomplished large projects of the scientific research and production practice. It also has made a significant contribution to the economic construction and the development of city in Northeast china.
At present, the discipline has formed five stable research directions
1.The theory and method of Architectural Creation
2. he design of large space public building in cold region
3. the Design and theory of city space updating in Northeast area
4. the protection of architectural heritage and the architecture research of the northeast area
5. the technology of northern green ecological architecture
Brief of Program：
Architecture （5 years undergraduate program）
The specialty mainly trains the knowledge about the architectural design, architectural history, architectural technology and science, city design and so on. And the graduates will engage in the architectural design, city design, interior design, architecture, and can be used in project planning, architectural theories researching, architectural education teaching and other aspects. They will be senior technical talents of architectural specialty.
Through the training of learning and practice, the students will master basic theories about architectural design, architectural history and architectural technology. They will be familiar with relevant knowledge about the city planning, city design and landscape design. And they will understand professional ability of building structure, the basic concept of construction equipment, project planning, architectural design, architectural technology design and construction drawing and so on. And they also will understand the dynamic development of architecture, master the basic method of literature searching and data query, have certain scientific research and practical work ability; master basic skills of architecture art , have a certain artistic appreciation; have the ability of computer application and language expression.
Main courses: architectural graphics, art, basic architecture design, architecture design principle, architectural design, architectural history of China and foreign countries, city design, interior design, architectural physics, building structure, building construction, architecture equipment, architecture economy, computer assistant design and so on.
The specialty is the national characteristic discipline construction, demonstration discipline in Liaoning Province. And it has passed the national architectural education assessment. Graduate students will be awarded the bachelor degree of architecture. It has the right to grant master degree in architecture first level subjects. Students can continue to pursue post-graduate master's degree in the architectural design and theory, architectural technology and science, history and theory of architecture discipline. Among them, theory and design of architecture discipline is the key discipline in colleges and universities in Liaoning province.
2.Urban Planning Department
Disciplinary Brief (Engineering)
Urban and Rural Planning
Established in 1983 as the Discipline of Township Construction, Jianzhu University is the first higher educational institution of Liaoning Province to pass the assessment of the province (2008). The university’s undergraduate and post graduate programs were awarded in 2012 as A-class University by the Ministry of Education. The discipline was honored as Key Discipline of Liaoning Province in 2007. And it started to cultivate doctorate students jointly with Shenyang Applicable Ecology Research Institute, an affiliate to China Academy of Science, in 2005. It was authorized in 2013 as an organization to confer doctorate degree independently.
Over three decades, the discipline makes the urban and rural construction its objective and has been active in the planning of the rejuvenation of the Northeast Old Industrial Base and has made its due contribution to the economic and urban progress. Its striking characteristics have been forged in the process.
1. Interdisciplinary function. The discipline has established systematic research in applicable ecology and management; in regional urbanization, ecological planning, disaster prevention and relief, waterfront area planning and urban planning management.
2. Establishment of technological system. By combining traditional urban and rural planning technology with 3S-based information technology; by integrating social economic statistics with overall urban planning techniques, we have forged the application technology of space, information and statistics complex.
3. Formation of research of regional characteristics. We have set up research format on ecological planning of frigid zone, construction of satellite cities and new-modeled rural area, safety of urban public facilities and disaster prevention system, protection of historic heritage, the waterfront landscape. Also we established the research program on country economy and township development, the operation of underground piping. We have been paid back abundantly for such efforts.
Program Title: Urban and Rural Ecological Planning and Overall Spatial Planning
We aim at the urban and rural ecological construction on the platform of national strategies such as Rejuvenation of Northeast Old Industrial Base, The Coastal Economic Strip and the Shenyang Economic Zone. Our focus is placed on low-carbon city, recyclable economy and environmental science. We also conduct researches on the interconnectedness between digitalization and urban-rural planning, the spatial utilization, planning of low-carbon cities. Through such practice, we have come up with theories that underlie the effective improvement of spatial utilization and ecological environment.
1. Digital-base research on planning of low carbon cities. By digital information, we quantify carbon circulation by surveillance system which serves as the key technology of planning of low-carbon cities.
2．Research on coordinated development of urban and rural region. We endeavored to pioneer the integrated mechanism in urban and rural planning so as to optimize spatial structure in an intensive manner.
3．Ecology based study on urban planning. Studies on made on ecological system and its evolution, base on which we put forward methodology on rational development and utilization of resources, on environmental protection.
Program Title：Urbanization and Urban-Rural Planning
It is the fundamental content of education in urban-rural planning revolving around the rational route of urbanization, compilation of urban planning documents and marrow urban facilities. We attach great importance to the urban restructure in the context of rejuvenation of Northeast Old Industrial Base. The layout of industries and land supply is emphasized. The content also includes urbanization strategy in Liaoning Province and the City of Shenyang. We try to satisfy the need for sectorial restructure of urban planning by good awareness of the complicated factors involved in the undertaking. Our program provide case studies of urban and rural planning in frigid zones in a bid to serve the rejuvenation strategy of Northeast China as an old industrial base.
Distinctive feature of the program
1. It is a systematic study of urbanization and the overall development of both urban and rural regions. We conduct researches, in accordance with the Northeast and Liaoning-Shenyang Region Strategies, on the establishment and construction of the Shenyang Cosmopolitan Region, the compilation of urbanization strategy during the 11th and 12th 5 Year Development Program. We set up demonstration cases for the construction of new rural area, thus develop a novel model research of new rural area and township.
2. Research on the industrial layout and the planning of industrial parks. We are concerned with the industrial restructure of the old industrial base and the consequent influence on urban planning. We try to explore relocation of industries, development of new living quarters and spatial development of industrial parks.
3. Study on the infrastructural and environmental endurance. We compile the guidelines about the pipeline network and other key issues and study the construction of infrastructure in frigid region. The studies are done in correspondence to the ecological development in the process of urbanization along the Liaohe River, to the safety of water resources.
Program Title：Security of Cities and Town Inhabitability of Frigid Region
We conduct active studies on the Safety of public facilities, disaster prevention and relief, inhabitability of frigid region, protection of regional characteristics and historical heritage based the regional climatic feature and human culture in Northeast China. We try to explore way for improvement of inhabitability in frigid region adaptable to objective laws and through such studies, we come up with theories conducive to human inhabitability. Such research result also serve government policies regarding urban construction, technical codes of disaster prevention and protection of relics.
1．Planning and research on safety of cities; disaster prevention and relief. The program focuses on study of the safety of public facilities, planning of disaster prevention and relief, sustainable development of cities and towns in the region.
2．Study on the protection of historical relics in cities and towns of the region. The history of hybrid of ethnic group in the Northeast region plus its human cultural legacy contributed to the evolution of settlements and migrations, which lead to the spatial change and laws of urban development. In the duration there is abundant industrial an human heritage left to be protected. The program aims at the study of protective measures.
3．Evaluation and study on human inhabitability in frigid region. We are concerned about spatial and environmental factors related to human inhabitability in the climatic condition of freezing winter and short summer, and consequential environmental challenges. We explore the low carbon city patterns and spatial structure of the community.
Program Title：Spatial Development and Design of Cities and Towns in Northeast China
The program focuses on the cultivation of urban uniqueness and low-carbon cities in the process of dramatic urbanization. The program is executed based theories of low-carbon strategy, urban design to maintain the regional uniqueness and design of waterfront landscape. The three subjects under the program are low-carbon strategy; theories of regional uniqueness and waterfront ecology.
Distinction of the program
1. Low-carbon orientation. The initiative is to ensure ecological development by placing low-carbon layout so as to improve the quality of expansion. The program involves creation of low-carbon space, mould of ecological development the compilation and evaluation system serving environmental friendliness.
2. Regional feature blended culture geography. The program focuses on exploring spatial pattern, environmental distinction and customary uniqueness of Northeast cities. It emphasize the macro concept of spatial development. The urban development concept should be placed in a broader background by combining the elements of culture evolution so as to develop the theory of innovation in urban space in Northeast cities.
3. Practical basis. Base on a great number of design practices, we summarize the以features and laws of urban development in the Northeast region. Our researches centralized on the restructure of resource-based cities, low-carbon development of coastal cities and ecological recovery in waterfront areas of the cities. Such researches form the theoretical basis of spatial development and cities planning in the Northeast.
Program Title：Housing Construction and Urban-rural Planning
The program is based on housing and urban planning in the context of Northeast rejuvenation. We are concerned about the housing policies, real estate and indemnificatory housing in the region. We conduct continuous researches revolving on the issues of housing construction and residential patterns in inhabitable cities. We also execute series of studies on optimization of urban construction and economic structure, on investment policies regarding urban construction and indemnificatory housing. Results of our studies are very helpful in decision making for government in fund-raising and regulation-making.
1．We introduce management theories, environmental science and architectural science into urban planning. Based on applicable technologies of inhabitation in frigid region, we explore rational construction and residential pattern and the related theories.
2．Based on the application of technologies of urban construction, we attach great importance to the agglomeration an radiation function of the old industrial base. We try to promote the structural optimization of resource-based cities and the policies regarding economic restructure.
3．We conduct studies on decision-making in urban development and fund-raising in line with the Northeast Rejuvenation Strategy, the development of Shenyang Economic Zone and the Coastal Economic Belt.
Brief of Program：
Urban-rural Planning （5 years undergraduate program）
We cultivate talents specialized in compilation of urban-rural planning, urban traffic system planning, township planning, public facilities, urban ecology and gardening. We also encourage our students to participate in social and economic activities, regional planning, urban development real estate initiative and related laws and regulations.
Through systematic study and practice, students will have good command of theoretical and practical basics; will acquire relevant knowledge in urban-rural planning. Meanwhile, they will possess capacity in analysis and trouble-shooting. Students are supposed to master national guidelines, policies regarding development of cities and towns, urban-rural planning. Students are also supposed to be familiar with new trend of urban-rural planning as a discipline. Also the students will master basic skills in data retrieval, CAD.
Subjects include: Architecture Drawing, Architecture Art, Design Fundamentals, Chinese and Foreign Architectural History, Architectural Design, Architectural Structure, Urban Planning Outline, Urban Planning Fundamentals, Basic Design of Urban Planning, Urban Planning and Design, History of Urban Construction, Urban Design Outline, Management and Statute of Urban Planning, Road System and Transportation, Transportation Design, Infrastructure Design, Urban Economics, Urban Sociology, Geology and Metrology, Anthropogeography, Analysis and Planning of Region, Geographic Information System, Planning and Construction of Towns and Villages, Gardening and Greenland, Urban Ecology.
Graduates are adaptable to jobs in urban planning institutes, administrational organizations research institutes and higher educational institutions.
The program is a provincial model and has passed audition of national and provincial levels. The program is a provincial key program and is authorized to confer doctorate degree.
Candidates are supported to acquire certain skills in fine arts and will be subjected to re-exam of fine art skills. Those failed the re-exam will be relocated to other programs.
The program is blessed with 27 faculty members who have excellent educational background, outstanding academic ability and exceptional practical skills. Among our faculty are 6 professors, 9 assistant professors, 7 lecturers. All our faculty members have master degree or higher. 9 of them have doctor degree and 4 are taking doctorate courses.48% of our faculty members have doctor degree.
Due to the professional excellence of our faculty members, many of them work part time in other organizations. One of them is the vice director of the National Educational Instruction Committee of Urban Planning， another the commission member of National Urban Planning Evaluation Commission. We have also 2 directors of China Urban Planning Society, and 8 licensed Urban Planner. Three of them are ranked as provincial Talents.
3. Landscape Department